94.9 KCMO, 102.5 JACK-FM, 105.1 THE X, 95-7 THE VIBE, 101 THE FOX, 710 TALK RADIO AND MAGIC 107.3’S “SPRING PARADE OF HOMES GIVEAWAY” CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained by contacting radio station KCMO-FM, KCMO-H2, KCJK-FM, KCHZ-FM, KCFX-FM, KCMO-AM AND KMJK-FM (each a “Station” and collectively, “Stations”), owned and operated by CMP KC LLC, located at 8900 Indian Creek Parkway, Building 6 | Suite 300 Overland Park, KS 66210 during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Stations will conduct the “Spring Parade of Homes Giveaway” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY. Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding Florida and New York residents, age eighteen (18) years at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Stations’ Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Stations in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 90 days and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Stations in the last 90 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the 90 days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of CMP KC LLC, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Stations’ DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Stations’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 11:01am CT on April 24, 2021 and will run through 5:59pm CT on May 9, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). The Stations’ computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
3. How to Enter. You can enter one (1) of two (2) ways: (i) Online: Visit any of the Station’s websites, www.949kcmo.com, www.1025jackfm.com, www.101thefox.net, www.957thevibe.com, www.1051thexkc.com, www.magic1073.com, or www.kcmotalkradio.com, during the Contest Period, click on the “Contest” link, click on the “Spring Parade of Homes Giveaway” Contest link, and complete an entry form. All entries must be received by 5:59pm CT on May 9, 2021 to be eligible to win the Grand Prize (as defined below). Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of how many email addresses a person may possess and use. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Stations are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register
will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Stations and will not be returned. Stations reserve the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
(ii) On-Site. Visit any of the homes on the Spring Parade of Homes during regular tour hours and text the keyword on the signage inside the homes spelled correctly to 62582. Spring Parade of Homes Dates are April 24, 2021 – May 9, 2021. Spring Parade of Homes Times are 11:00am CT – 6:00pm CT. For a complete list of homes on the tour with addresses visit: https://kc.paradeofhomes.io/ All entries must be received by 5:59pm CT on May 9, 2021 to be eligible to win the Grand Prize. Standard text messaging rates, as established by an individual’s wireless carrier, may apply, and Station assumes no responsibility for any fees or charges incurred for and associated with any text message sent to or from Station. Any and all fees arising out of the transmission of a text message shall be the sole responsibility of the entrant. Limit one (1) entry per person. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same telephone number. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different telephone phone numbers, identities, or any other methods will void that participant from further participation in the Contest. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty about the safety of the on-site event(s) in light of COVID-19. Any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, and Sponsor cannot guarantee that any person will not be exposed during a visit to the on-site event(s). By entering on-site, participants acknowledge the risk of large group gatherings and assume all risks of entering on-site, attending the on-site event(s), and any other the risks associated with the on-site event(s).
Entering via text on-site does not increase your chances of winning. Participants may either (i) text in an entry into using a mobile device or (ii) enter online, but not both methods. Limit one (1) entry per person in the Contest, regardless of the method of entry chosen by a listener.
4. Winner Selection. On or about 9:00am CT on May 10, 2021, Station will select one (1) entry to win the Grand Prize in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by all Station from both entry methods outlined above during the Contest Period. The winning entrant will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
5. Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to
rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
6. Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize is one (1) Amazon Echo Show 8 Kitchen Bundle with Food Network Kitchen Complimentary Subscription and one (1) Five Hundred Dollar ($500.00) Hy-Vee Gift Card ARV Six Hundred Fifty Dollars ($650.00). Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Stations may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
7. Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Stations, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Stations, Cumulus Media New Holdings, Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
8. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Stations and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
9. Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
10. General Conditions. Stations reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Stations reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Stations, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Stations reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Stations in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Stations are located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Stations are located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to Station’s website.
14. Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Stations identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: CMP KC LLC, KCMO-FM, KCMO-H2, KCJK-FM, KCHZ-FM, KCFX-FM, KCMO-AM AND KMJK-FM, 8900 Indian Creek Parkway, Building 6 | Suite 300 Overland Park, KS 66210
PRIZE PROVIDER: Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City, 600 E 103rd St, Kansas City, MO 64131